A sanitation issue in a restaurant is not always what leads to a rodent infestation, and vice versa. However, preventative pest control is the most successful way to keep rodents from your Tucson property.
Rodents, just like anyone, want a place to live and things to eat.
The kitchen’s warmth and garbage from all aspects of a business are inviting to small rodents such as mice and rats. Of course, there is a time and place to own pet rodents, but the kitchen is not one of them.
Rodents Can Hurt Your Restaurant in Many Ways
Mice and rats are stereotyped in movies for a reason: they can transmit disease and bring filth from the garbage wherever they go.
A rodent infestation in a restaurant can:
- Contaminate food storage areas with urine, droppings, or ectoparasites.
- Spread diseases such as Leptospirosis, e.coli., dysentery, the bubonic plague, and more.
- Cause structural damage to the building and furniture by chewing and gnawing on plastic and wood items.
- Damage to electrical wiring and circuits, leading to electrical fires or power outages.
- Failed health inspections.
- Negative reviews and images from customers, the public, and employees.
- Lost revenue from losing inventory, customers, and staff.
Since the possible losses can be significant, it is imperative to focus on pest prevention for business success. At University Termite and Pest Control, we offer a free inspection and estimate from our trained professionals.
How To Prevent a Rodent Infestation
Remember that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Bringing in a professional team for your rodent control is going to be the surest and easiest way to keep mice and rats under control and out of your establishment.
When you contact University Termite and Pest Control, our technician will come to your business and may do some or all of the following based on your company needs:
- Eliminate potential entry points by ensuring that doors seal correctly and no cracks in the exterior walls. This seal will prevent rodents from sneaking in.
- Clean up any trash or food messes in and around the restaurant. This mess includes any food storage pantries, closets, and cabinets.
- Seal trash properly in the building to prevent spills and rodents from working into the garbage and recycle bins.
- Place site-appropriate traps where rodents can access the building and possible nesting areas.
- The technicians work hard to make pest control easy and out of sight, so you do not have to learn and train employees on proper pest control protocols.
For efficient rodent control, your trained and experienced technician will execute multiple and a variety of techniques to protect your employees and customers.
Additional services to control other various pests are available as well, so call today to schedule your no-obligation inspection and receive an estimate for treatment and management of your pests.