If pets, especially dogs, are also part of your family, here are some facts you want to know about the Brown Dog Tick.
- Ticks are not insects, but related to mites and spiders in the arachnid family.
- The Brown Dog Tick is the most common tick in and around Arizona homes.
- It can carry the disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, the most common tick-borne disease in Arizona.
- Appropriately named, the Brown Dog Tick is brown in color and thrives on domestic dogs.
- Without a canine host, it will bite humans.
- It normally fastens to the dog’s ears or between its toes.
- Cleanliness is your best defense against the Brown Dog tick.
Consult with a veterinarian about prevention and treatment options available to pets, and wash pet bedding and toys frequently.
Call us today to find solutions for ticks in and around your home. In Tucson, call 886-4146. Statewide, call 877-877-4146877-877-4146.