You can allergy-proof your home to help alleviate the symptoms asthma and allergy sufferers experience during the allergy season. In addition to taking medications prescribed by your doctor, here are five things you can do to allergy-proof you home:
- Block the entrances. Leave pests out in the heat by closing cracks and filling gaps in walls and floors with a silicone-based caulk.
- Vacuum and dust no less than once a week. Dust accumulates quickly in southern Arizona.
- Clean and replace air filters throughout the house every month.
- Care for your lines—wash them in hot water or have them dry-cleaned.
- Avoid down pillows or comforters and encase pillows and mattresses in in allergen-proof covers to resist dust mites.
Call us today to find solutions to help alleviate allergy and asthma symptoms. In Tucson, call 886-4146. Statewide, call 877-877-4146